This is one of my favorite case studies where I show you how to create a lead generation campaign to grow your list for as little as $1.04 per lead (far less than what your competitors are paying .... which is $2.50 to $5.00 plus!)
Here's how we did it:
My client, Adrienne Dorison, is a business mentor with a wildly successful company and podcast (I kind of admire her, but don't tell her I said that).
She came to me wanting to create brand awareness as well as grow her list and Facebook Group in preparation for launching new programs and products.
The solution was to create an "evergreen" campaign that would generate leads on demand in the background for as little as $10 a day. To date, it has generated THOUSANDS of leads for about $1.04 and continues to run in the background, bringing in leads on auto-pilot.
Here's the secret to doing the same:
Step One: Create an irresistible lead magnet
If there is ONE secret to running a successful lead-gen campaign on Facebook, it's this: create an irresistible lead magnet. That's it. This ONE tip is the difference between paying $1.00 a lead and $3.50 or $4.50... and if you want to grow you audience by thousands... that difference sure ads up!
In this case, Adrienne had compiled a 10-step cheat sheet that taught audience members how to sell out their programs, even with a small list. Now let's pause and admire a few things:
- Adrienne has just provided a HUGE amount of value for free and she's not worried about giving away that content because she knows that it will create goodwill and trust with her target market
- It solves a real pain point for her ideal customer and provides a mouthwatering solution.
Key Takeaway: Spend time here and the rest will start to take care of itself.
Step Two: Create a clean and thoughtful ad
This is where a lot of people get stuck. But remember, because our lead magnet is amazing, the ad will start to write itself. All you have to do is be clear about the value of the lead magnet and create something that is pleasant to look at.
Note that there's a lot of discussion around whether ads with fancy graphics and crazy call-outs perform better than simple ads. At the end of the day, the only way to know for sure what will work for you is to test. But I can tell you that after learning from other high-profile FB ads consultants and running a ton of money in tests... that simple, pleasant pictures often win out. There's a lot of reasons, and I'll talk about them in an upcoming post, but for now, know that while the picture should be interesting it is not as important as how good your lead magnet is. I've included a snapshot of the ad we used for Adrienne that has worked WONDERS below. Note that it is simple but eye-catching and you could do the same with your head-shots, or by grabbing some great pictures off of a site like Pexels.com.
When it comes to copy, here are my general rules of thumb:
1. Be clear, not clever. Come right out and say what it is that you are giving away in the headline. If your audience has to guess even for a second, you've lost them.
2. Get inside your target's mind! You've created a lead magnet that addresses a specific pain point, so go ahead and call it out in the copy! Then present your lead magnet as the solution. Simple as pie!
3. Build in social proof if you can, in Adrienne's ads we mention that she had been featured in Huffington Post, Brazen, etc. If you've got similar proof points, think about using them.
Key Takeaway: Be clear about the value you are offering and consider the viewpoint of your target and you'll be off to the races!
Number of new leads: 2,612 (and counting!)
Average cost per lead: $1.04 (some days as low as $0.70)
Click through rate link: 1.5%-2%
Page likes: 165
Post shares: 67
Relevance Score: 10/10
*Note these social actions are FREE and are great side effects and social proof of running a great ad
Learn How To Profit From Your Ads
Don't run a campaign without this!